Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Show and Tell

Do you remember that I won a prize from Erin Prais-Hinz? When I entered the drawing for the prize, I felt so personally connected to the offering. The beautiful pendant spoke to me from India, from spirit, from who I am. I knew that my favorite bead, my sculptural Buddha, had finally found a mate. If you are looking for pieces to use in an expression of self, be sure to check out Erin's website; you will surely find what you are looking for!

When my package from Erin arrived it was so beautifully presented in a lovely ribbon tied box and handwritten note in a purple card and envelope with personalized stamps, beautiful business card, coupon, and adorable vintage mini-print. Purple, orange, and green seem to be my favorite colors to "go to" (though I will not claim to have a single favorite!); the packaging spoke to me in more ways than just color. The stamp on the envelope seal was a key and the word "discover" and this prize was definitely a key to discovering symbols that I use to define myself.

I decided that this piece was just for me, just about me, and should include the items I find significant. I went throughout my home and studio and combed through all my dearest beads, embellishments, and findings. The quantity of my findings is a demonstration of my eclectic and voluminous appreciation of life.
I couldn't make a piece with ALL my favorite things, so I pared down the choices. My Buddha, a medal that was my father's, a chunk of amethyst (my birthstone and favorite color), my zodiac sign (a bead I made), a chunk of quartz crystals (saved from a memorable time), a single leather wrapped crystal pendant (also saved from a memorable time), a photo pendant of my kids and deceased dog, and beads from a bestie, SuziFitz Beads.
Here's how it all turned out. I call it Talisman.


I wore it to the Bay Area Bead Expo, and someone noticed it and said it looked like a Talisman, so I must have been channeling my intention purely! It needs to be reworked to make it more wearable though. The heavy crystals keep flopping over. I'll share how that goes at a later time. I'll also be sharing my time at BABE very soon, along with the new jewelry I'll be making with my finds from the show.

I just posted a documentary review on The Billionaires' Tea Party, you can read on my web site. Don't forget to check out my recent Pinterest finds and subscribe to my website here for a 15% off coupon. So, for now, I leave you with pictures of my newest listings; click them if you want more info.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts!