Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Implosions

Implosions are lampwork designs that can be made off mandrel or with tubing. It is a way to turn glass inside out and results in really beautiful designs in glass that have a painterly depth.

The technique is often done in borosilicate glass. When I first saw one I was fairly new to lampworking and if it involved melting glass, boro or other, I wanted to try. My first implosions were okay, but then I saw Brent Graber's video. I've seen it twice now and I'm ready to try again!

Brent's video is beautifully instructional without words. Nothing but background music, cool music, and it's my favorite tutorial video of all time. Brent's business is Orgasmic Glass, and he is also known as Mr. Smiley, creator of the "Smiley Heart". Click the picture of the pendant below to watch the video...it will give you an excellent idea of what it takes to make a lampwork glass pendant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts!