Sunday, December 29, 2013

When Strangers Click


When Strangers Click

http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/when-strangers-click
Yes this is a title of a great documentary; it is also a great discussion in my real life yesterday…and all days.
The documentary describes a film about several peoples’ experience of finding mates on the Internet. It is not, however, your typical story of miraculous and strange love, nor catfish experiences. It is a great film about real relationships. People who find each other by design or accident, and connect on levels that we all have the ability and fortune to connect on but somehow miss the opportunities as they are presenting themselves.


http://www.tedxvienna.at/blog/i-share-therefore-i-am/
TedX: Vienna is doing a series all about connection! "I share therefore I am"

 I had a great day yesterday, volunteering as a bar tender at the Moose. It happened to be the day of several different birthdays that were celebrated at the lodge. I got to talk with my mom on Skype which I haven’t been able to do in more than a year, and she got to reconnect with a friend she met when she last visited me. What were the chances that that friend would be in town, at the lodge, on that day? The chances were typical if you really, really stay present to what the Universe brings to the table of “the reason we are here.” There is no purpose in life more important than connecting with others, in my opinion.
Lisa Hallow Designs Vintage Remix
One of the birthdays being celebrated came at the end of my day when just before closing a trio came in. One amazing man who looks 30 years younger than he is, his birthday girl friend, and their mutual friend Lisa. Lisa was the connection the Universe presented to me in this moment. A stunning woman who is “full”…of everything! Wearing a G O R G E O U S black blouse that reflected her personality, Lisa is textured, smooth, luxurious, and historically stylish in both look and experience. Lisa has an excellent sense of business, and love of art and jewelry. She’s been designing jewelry almost her whole life and we may get together on a local proposal.

 
Continuing with the theme of connection, have you ever met someone that you instantly connect with? Last night I got to spend time with one of my favorite girlfriends. She’s a bar tender but last night we got to sit together on the customer side. We met 8 years ago when she complimented my jewelry and it has been love ever since. A new friend I met about a month ago, I call him “tickleman” because of his deep, vibrating voice, was also at the club last night…it seems we only go when the other is going (without planning!) I made some new friends there too, both from the Philippines, one a special ed teacher of moderate to severe students; I introduced him to my favorite video on autism by Amanda Baggs. The first part of the video is in her "native" language; then she translates it for us...she's absolutely brilliant....I am humbled.

Last night’s connections may turn out to be significant, and with some don’t seem like “connections” because they are long standing friendships. However, the Universe wants us to know that the “new” does not have to wear off of everything; our perceptions and willingness are the fabric softeners of life, making anything fresh if we chose. So go out with a renewed perception and be willing to see the connections that exist in your life and the new ones you will surely encounter on your intentional journey to connect. Life cannot be lived without your presence…without your connection.

Photo: Whipplehill.net

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts!