Sunday, February 16, 2014

London Fashion Week #LFW


London Fashion Week #LFW

 I really do love fashion, and I long to be a more fashionably dressed person….however….

I’m not into fashion per-se, I’m into art, the way something looks, the way it makes me feel emotionally. From show highlights as shown by the British Fashion Council, I spied my favorites:

Day 1: Bora Aksu’s silhouette is unique but what I love is how “girly” they are, and love love love the fabric textures

 
Love the crazy cats eye glasses by Linda Farrow Projects, but I probably wouldn’t wear most of them. I’d love an everyday indoor pair.

http://uk.lindafarrow.com/http://uk.lindafarrow.com/
 
Of Jasper Conran, the long flowey look is so elegant, the prints exotic, and I just love this cute dress. It’s feminine, long with the illusion of short will hide the flaws in the saggy knees, and the comfy, girly stripes in the upper.

http://catwalking.com/current/ready-to-wear/CONR      http://catwalking.com/current/ready-to-wear/CONR 
 
Day 2John Rocha’s silhouette was repetitious, and reminded me of The Flying Nun, but I love the poppy field sundress. Julien MacDonald is so glamorous and art deco! Not sequins but mosaics! Mark Fast’s style is so cool and rock and roll, and I love the texture of this skirt. Orla Kiely is worth taking a look at; very Alice in Wonderland-ish.

http://londonfashionweek.co.uk/highlights.aspx?seasonid=45&seasonday=2013-9-14&day=2       

  






 
 Day 3L’Wren Scott’s show was fun, fantasy, and functional fashion! Everything by Unique was wearable, feminine, elegant, and silky. Mary Katrantzou is my fave above all days so far. Art, art, art! Daring designs, silhouette, and pretty prints. Temperley London and pink!!! Vivienne Westwood Red Label construction details! MathhewWilliamson combines orange, pink, and red which reminds me of salwar kameez and India.


 

  

Day 4: Erdem had a pretty black lace over shirt gown. Peter Pilotto has fun prints and shapes. Giles' pieces are cool-elegant, and I loved this gorgeous, classy gown in buttery fawn. 
 
 

 Day 5: Nothing terribly exciting. I had to check out the shoes and jewelry of course!  There are so many jewelers listed in the display showrooms for the autumn/winter show, I'll save that for another post. I'll be showing you similar pieces that friends and I have already made; seems we're an avant-garde bunch!

 Aside from LFW have you seen Peeter Pilotto for Target? I love the commercial, and I’m sooooo intrigued with the model with no eyes!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts!