Monday, July 16, 2012

Meditate on This Baby!

I've never been able to meditate; my mind is waaaay too busy and loud. But today, maybe, I've learned that meditation is not about being blank, but about paying attention to what is there.

Facebook isn't useless after all. April Star Davis Jewelry (Designers for Africa) is a friend on Facebook and she shared a link for a free 21 day meditation challenge with Depak Chopra. So I went to check it out, and there was no BS, sign here, read that, give us permission stuff. We just went right into it. The first few minutes were an explanation about the challenge agenda; the goal is to create a new habit. This challenge is about love and living in love and all its forms over the next 21 days.

Over the rest of the 15 minutes (that's how long each daily meditation will be), I meditated. Really, I actually meditated! I let go of all the fighting to figit and think and breath; the sudden urge to itch was satisfied, I breathed and listened.

I heard judgment of the way I breath, I heard judgment about interpreting things I saw on the backs of my eyelids, I heard judgment about the correctness of my chants of "so" and "humm" on inhale and exhale. I heard judgment about the excitement that I was meditating. When it was over, I didn't want to open my eyes. When I opened my eyes, 15 minutes had passed, but it felt like only five. It felt like I breathed a numerable amount. Wow, cool, I actually meditated. "I am ready to view my life through the eyes of love." Time to let go of the judgments.

Do you think it is a Freudian Slip that I keep correcting "medicated" to "meditated"?! I swear, I'm not doing drugs!

Here are some quick shots of beads I've made over the last week. They aren't listed yet so if you want any of them, or have questions, just let me know.

The Purple dots actually change color depending on light! The darker barrel bead has some metallic sheen to it.


This one is cracked all through the encasing. So sad cuz' it's so cool. 

Earring pairs of dragged and raised dots.

My favorite. Purple is such a difficult color to get.

My second favorite. I like making seashells; this pic makes it look flat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts!