Friday, December 7, 2012

Feeeeelings, Wooooah Feeeeeelings (Sing it y'all!)


I have been feeling static, stuck, unambitious, and unsuccessful. I have been feeling lost. I have been feeling as if I have no feelings…apathetic.

I’ve always been a huge fan of Danielle LaPorte and her “White, Hot Truth”. She’s the author of Firestarter Sessions, but I have not taken part in that program. Danielle’s words have always resonated with me. Yesterday she launched a new program called Desire Map; it is my mom’s Christmas present to me ($170 in 3 payments, delivered today both digitally and tangibly), and will become my present to my son on his 16th birthday.


Danielle says, “We have the procedures of achievement upside down. We go after the stuff we want to have, get, accomplish, and experience outside of ourselves. And we hope, yearn, pray that we’ll be fulfilled when we get there. It’s backwards. It’s outside in. And it’s running us in circles.

What if, first, we got clear on how we actually wanted to feel in our life, and then we laid out our intentions? What if your most desired feelings consciously informed how you plan your day, your year, your career, your holidays — your life?”

I think she’s on to something here! My feelings are all wrapped around not achieving, to my satisfaction. Maybe my feelings are the way they are because I’m not setting my satisfaction as a goal; maybe its because I don’t know what will satisfy me. I have been stuck most painfully in the knowledge that I don’t know what I want.

Danielle’s program will coach me through a process that helps me get clear on how I want to feel in my life, and set my goals according to my “core desires.” For me, this is an “ah ha!” realization: of course this is the way it should be! 

I’ll try to take you with me through my self realizations. In the mean time, I want to share a couple video’s with you. If you want to know more about the program, please click here. 


(1:02) Desire More : Danielle LaPorte : Video Poem from Danielle LaPorte on Vimeo.

This  video is about an hour long and is a workshop video of Goals With Soul. It gives a real feel for the program purpose. If you want to know more about the program, please click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts!